GDPR - Privacy Policies & Data Subject Rights
GDPR and North Cheshire Jewish Primary School
As you may already be aware, the 25th May 2018 marked the enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR will replace the Data Protection Act 1998 and changed how we can use your personal data and keep it safe, and will also strengthen your rights over your own data.
First and foremost, it is important that you understand your rights under the GDPR; you have the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal data.
- Request access to the personal data that the school holds.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed.
What we use your personal data for
- To enable us to provide a responsible and safe school for the benefit of our children including safeguarding and meeting medical needs;
- To administer pupil assessments, progress and records;
- To manage our Staff, Pupils, Governors, employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records ;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at North Cheshire;
- To share your contact details with the DFE and Local Authority so they can keep you informed, and statistical research activities and in which you may be interested.
The GDPR will require changes to be made to some school policies and procedures. While some policies will need small updates, others will require re-writes. One of these changes is that we have updated our privacy notice (please see below).
If you have any questions about how the GDPR affects you, or how our school is preparing, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Woolf or the School Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 282 4500. Alternatively, you can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or you can visit their Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation webpage.